High-Risk/Multiples Pregnancy Classes are for our High-Risk obstetrical patients need an educator who understands not only the pathophysiology of high-risk pregnancy, but how this can affect their birth day. I can prepare you for situations that you could be faced with when you go into labor—what can be expected with testing in the last trimester of pregnancy; what tests would be done when you are admitted to the hospital; would an induction of labor be considered by your physician?
You need a knowledgeable clinician who can answer your questions. I enjoy caring for and teaching high-risk patients with special health challenges—IVF, diabetes, multiple gestations, preeclampsia, preterm labor, bleeding disorders, and cardiovascular, renal and pulmonary concerns– helping them through their birth process to have a beautiful childbirth experience .
You will be joining the group class for information on childbirth and newborn care. Information pertaining to your special circumstance and/or special needs and how your medical history can impact your birth will be addressed in a follow-on half hour session after the group class concludes.
SNACKS: grapes, cheese, crackers and water are provided during class. Please bring personal snacks as needed if you desire or require anything additional.
- 10% discount when you combine a regular class and a comfort measures class
- 10% active U.S. military discount (Army, Navy, Marine, Coast Guard, Air Force)
- Contact email@example.com with any class questions (please include a phone number as well as return email address)
* Discounts cannot be combined *
Class Location: 5905 Old Sawmill Road, Fairfax, Virginia 22030
High-Risk Classes coincide with Group Class Dates
Class Times – 1 pm – 7:30 pm
$190 per couple, 1 x 6 1/2 hour session, 5 couples maximum
Prices may change without warning
- Sunday, 21 January 2018, 1-7:30 pm – FULL
- Sunday, 28 January 2018, 1-7:30 pm – FULL
- Saturday, 3 February 2018, 1-7:30 pm – FULL
- Sunday, 4 February 2018, 1-7:30 pm – FULL
- Sunday, 10 February 2018, 1-7:30 pm – FULL
- Sunday, 11 February 2018, 1-7:30 pm – FULL
- Sunday, 17 February 2018, 1-7:30 pm – FULL
- Saturday, 24 March 2018, 1-7:30 pm – FULL
- Sunday, 25 March 2018, 1-7:30 pm
- Saturday, 31 March 2018, 1-7:30 pm
- Saturday, 7 April 2018, 1-7:30 pm
- Sunday, 8 April 2018, 1-7:30 pm
- Sunday, 15 April 2018, 1-7:30 pm
- Saturday, 21 April 2018, 1-7:30 pm
- Sunday, 22 April 2018, 1-7:30 pm
** Payment is due at time of registration **
ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE MADE AND CONFIRMED 14 DAYS PRIOR TO CLASS START
“Lisa provided excellent information and hands-on practice exercises for me and my partner to prepare for the birth of our child. In addition to providing her considerable expertise and resources, Lisa was flexible in tailoring her presentation to our personal needs and – above all – balanced professionalism and compassion in an extraordinary way. We had specific needs related to a high-risk pregnancy and wanting to focus on breathing and pain management techniques during the birth. As a result of meeting with Lisa, we felt very empowered and prepared in both respects. She was fantastic, and we are very grateful for the many ways she helped us prepare for the birth of our baby. Very informative with lots of hands on demos… As someone who has not really handled babies, it was very important to actually try things! Thanks!”
Amy & Jeff